Rental Dwelling Insurance

Owning a rental property can be a great but labor intensive investment. You want to protect that investment with an insurance policy that offers you a variety of coverage options.  Does your current policy include coverage for wrongful eviction or loss of rents due to a fire? Would you accept a higher deductible for a lower premium?


Landlord liability insurance can protect you against personal injury, wrongful eviction, wrongful entry or other non-bodily injury claims like libel and slander.


Your Landlord Protection policy may cover up to a 4-plex dwelling with replacement cost valuation that is up to 100 +/- years old.  Also, if you have a covered loss, coverage is also available for loss of rents while the property is being repaired.

A dwelling that is rented out to others should be insured on a Landlord Protection policy, which also may be referred to as a Dwelling Fire policy.  A rental property should not be insured on a regular homeowners policy which are designed for owner/occupants.

Are you confused yet? Do you think that you may be overcharged or underinsured? Contact Gayle Grim at Chellis Insurance Inc. today.



Have questions?

Contact us.
We're here to help.

(801) 274-8221

(802) 556-1917